On 12-Nov-2014 14:48 -0600, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:
On 12-Nov-2014 14:37 -0600, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:
I’ve run into multiple case where I’m doing a SBMJOB, with either
a CMD or PGM.
But, for this process to be successful (job I’m submitting from
needs to end to rid record locks), I need to have a 5 second delay.

SBMJOB does not have a built in delay option.

Any thoughts from the group?

Actually the Submit Job (SBMJOB) command has the combined Schedule Date (SCDDATE) and Schedule Time (SCDTIME). The required processing to [hopefully sufficiently quickly] generate a date\time value that is for some several seconds into the future is quite plausible; I would not prefer to attempt a resolution from that perspective, and instead would want to have the submitted job perform the required delay.

<<SNIP>>
I should have clarified, I'm actually doing a HLDJOBJS, which is
changing the status of the AJS (advanced job scheduler) from *READY
to *HOLD

SBMJOB CMD(HLDJOBJS JOB(&JOBNAME)) JOB(HLDJOBJS)

The intermittent problem is that HLDJOBJS failed because the AJS
record was still in use QUSRIJS/QAIJSMST
Record 40 in use by job 545328/CPASFTPC/BRCSFTBCS

To have the submitted job effect the necessary delay, the database file could be changed [CHGPF or CHGLF] to have a more generous Maximum Record Wait Time (WAITRCD) [aka Wait Record Timeout] value; ¿presumably modified from *IMMED to five seconds? Or if the file-level default wait-time for record locks should not be changed for the file, then effect an override to that attribute at run-time using the Override To Database File (OVRDBF) for that same parameter with the longer timeout value [in number of seconds].