Hi Thomas,

If you are open to commercially available software, our iSeries Office Integrator contains a CL command that can be used to send data to the clipboard on the attached PC.

There's a PC component that communicates to the i via CL command calls.

From the user's perspective it will feel like the 5250 session copied data directly to the clipboard and semantically it did :-)

Feel free to email or call me directly and I would be happy to provide a demo and you can possibly tell me more about the desired requirements.

There are also ways you could automate data entry directly into the browser using this tool as well as it can be extended via custom VBScripts.

Regards,

Richard Schoen | Director of Document Management Technologies, HelpSystems
T: + 1 952-486-6802
RJS Software Systems | A Division of HelpSystems
richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.rjssoftware.com
------------------------------

message: 2
date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 09:41:55 -0500
from: Thomas Garvey <tgarvey@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Placing data on the clipbaord

Hi, everyone,

Is it possible to have a green screen IBM i program place data on a PC's clipboard?

I have a client that uses a web-based order processing application that runs on an IBM i server.
However, the web based application is unchangeable. No code available.

They do have green screen capability and knowledge of the application's infrastructure and database.
So, they can have a PC user with a web browser into their order processing application AND a green screen client running simultaneously.

Can a green screen program be written that does X and then automatically places it's results on the clipboard so the user can simply Alt-Tab to the browser and paste the results into the web application? If the green screen program can place data on the clipboard, maybe it could perform the Alt-Tab and Ctrl-V (paste) as well?

Yes, I know they could do it manually (select the data from the green screen using the mouse/keyboard and press Ctrl-C to place it on the clipboard in the first place).
But they would like to skip the manual copy to clipboard step at least.

Can it be done? How?

Best Regards,

Thomas Garvey

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.