On 10/2/14 9:18 AM, DrFranken wrote:
Anything on the 'Front Panel' such as A6xx0255 ? This smells of
hardware that's coming and going.

Alternatively is it possible that severe disk I/O is swamping something?
I was moving 220GB of large files to a 520 yesterday with FTP over GbE
to a 6 drive RAID set and at times the partition would appear hung for
30 or more seconds, including Telnet.

This was a case of what appears to have been several HOURS of unresponsiveness. It was around 19:30 system time when it became unresponsive, and the system abend/re-IPL was not until system time 06:44 that the IPL was done.

The only history log messages in that period were a CPF590A ("Session . . . ended normally") at 19:35, the aformentioned CPF0A9B at 19:45, messages for a QPMHDWRC that started at 00:02:31 and ended at 00:02:41, and two QPMRSYSCMD jobs, one starting at 00:02:32 and ending at 00:03:09, and the other starting at 00:03:09 and ending at 00:03:40.

I've passed on your question about whether there were any SRCs, but it's entirely possible that if there were one, it went unnoticed.

I also ran down the lead I had (involving a possible problem with a UDF used to censor an SQL view), but I was able to inspect that view without any exceptions appearing, and there appear to be no authority issues with the underlying service program.

--
JHHL