From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Buck
Calabro
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2014 4:41 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: upload file error

On 9/29/2014 3:47 PM, Alex Mavrogeorge Sr wrote:
Unfortunately everything I've checked, everything I've read, the IBM
site at the link provided I already found and have been using but more
specifically I clicked on the tab for i Series 6.1 based on this
version banner under help. I've checked, double checked, and triple
checked ownership, permissions, etc including the permissions in the
C:\Files directory where these .dat files got before they are
"uploaded" and I keep getting met with this same error.

This knowledge base site gives this explanation for the error..
" CPF2207
Not authorized to use object &1 in library &3 type *&2." (Yes,
we
know) yet all permissions and ownership is there. I've never had
something consume my days (and also some of my nights) in a long time.

IBM i is a different operating system than you're used to so it's not a
surprise that you're feeling frustrated. It's not going to be easy for us
on the list to help without some specific details. In fact, it's likely
that gathering those details will reveal the issue.

'They are .dat files that get put into her library called G092KMB, and
within the library there are two objects "Lists" and "Printout", both of
type *File.' and 'the error is a CPF2207 not authorized to use object LISTS
library G092KMB type *FILE'

Get to an IBM i command line and issue an EDTOBJAUT command. You can type
EDTOBJAUT (case does not matter) and press F4 or you can type the whole
thing in like this: edtobjaut g092kmb/lists *file Press Enter and you'll
see something like this:

Edit Object Authority

Object . . . . . . . : DATESAMPLE Owner . . . . . : BUCK
Library . . . . . : BUCK Primary group . : *NONE
Object type . . . . : *FILE ASP device . . . : *SYSBAS

Type changes to current authorities, press Enter.

Object secured by authorization list . . . . . . . . *NONE

Object -----Object------ ------Data-------
User Group Authority O M E A R R A U D E
*PUBLIC *CHANGE X X X X X X
BUCK *ALL X X X X X X X X X X

For your file:
1) What user profile is the owner?
2) What object authority does *PUBLIC have?

If *PUBLIC is *EXCLUDE, it means that only named profiles will have access.
For a test, change *PUBLIC to *ALL and try the upload. (Change it back
afterward!) If it runs, then you probably have a situation where the
profile performing the upload is not on the list. This /might/ be because
the profile used for the upload could be embedded within the upload process.
It would be helpful to see a picture of the screen that does the upload so
we can try to work out exactly how it's happening. Try a free photo service
like photobucket and post the link to the picture here, because this is a
text-only list and will strip attachments.

--buck