Hi Paul,

Wow, last time I've heard about JKL Toys was ages ago on Ignite/400!

If I'm not wrong, Log cicles end and starts at midnight, so you can see some
HTTP jobs ending and starting that time. Some eventually also ends and
starts on other times, but log is not affected.

Don't know if this time (midnight) can be changed (LogMaintHour?) and don't
know how to configure those jobs restarts (not on midnight).

Years ago I've asked support on how to change log file names (ex:Q11408200)
the answer was I couldn't. It seens that log rotation is more a question of
OS than Apache, so guys at Rochester developed a module that doesn't work
exactly as on other platforms. But that was ate JKL time, maybe now is
different...

When Apache is running (on any OS) current log file is always open, so
saving it causes problems, but there's no problem with older log files, they
can be saved without issues.

As they are very big, we don't maintain log files on the server, so we
transfer them to a PC. Yesterday's closed log is done today and so on, no
logs are saved on the iSeries side.

LogMaint directives are responsible for logs cleaning and control, but it
seems that some Apache functions are not 100% implemented on iSeries, so
test them before applying on any production environment.

We have a couple of HTTP instances only to test variations and
configurations, most based on Apache's own documentation and other forums or
lists, there's a lot of material and almost all works fine or there's
another way to work fine, as usually different directives can be combined to
reach about same results.

Some time ago we've done some testing on Apache based on Windows, found
similar little issues on other features... Seems nobody's perfect!

Regards

Rubens