1) I see a HTTP instance job always starting/ending every night at midnight for most instances, but not all. What directive is controlling this? What is the purpose of this job?

2) Some of my HTTP instances "auto clean" their log files, others don't.
Are these the directives responsible for this?
LogMaint logs/access_log 30 0
LogMaint logs/error_log 30 0

3) Within the HTTP instance logging job, I'm occasionally receiving the following error messages:
a) HTP8424-Error occurred opening log file
b) HTP8431 - Logging job for HTTP server RXSTIVO failed.
c) CPF24A3 - Value for call stack counter parameter not valid.

This occurs occasionally at midnight, while my daily BRMS save is saving the IFS. Timing issue - This is because the save has a brief lock on the IFS WWW folder. Once this occurs, logging job fails, no longing for these instances.
Can only the logging job be restarted, or does it take a total recycle of the HTTP instance?
I'm reviewing various options from BRMS group on how to correct this.
Also waiting for confirmation on IFS locking rules during a save.
One option I recently discovered is to move the HTTP maint window away from midnight using the LogMaintHour directive.
LogMaintHour 3

4) All of our HTTP instances were pre-installed by 3rd party apps, never really reviewed for current admin standards/updates/security/logging, etc.
Besides the Apachedft instance or the example from JKL Toy Company, are there any good examples of a typical HTTP instance?
Actually, some of our HTTP instance almost mirror the JKL Toy Company example (which is now quite old).
I'd like to bring the HTTP configs up to some sort of standard, but hesitant because something may break/fail.

5) I've located 3 IBM I HTTP documents.
Are there any other good recent docs?
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/httpserv/ihsdiag/questions.html
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/info/rzaie/rzaiemod_core.htm
IBM i: e-business and Web Serving IBM HTTP Server for I pdf

Thank You
_____
Paul Steinmetz
IBM i Systems Administrator