Just had a customer that install the latest CUME, group and hyper PTFs on
V7R1 machine.

This appears to have broken the QtmmSendMail API. Here's the info from the
job log:

MCH3601 Escape 40 07/29/14 17:45:57.123654 QC2POSIX
QSYS *STMT QTMMCUTL QTCP *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . : QC2PFMO
From procedure . . . . . . : _C PSX
dofmto
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 82
To module . . . . . . . . . :
QTMMFILE
To procedure . . . . . . . :
FileLinkWithTempName__FPcN21PPc
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 74
*PRCLT
Message . . . . : Pointer not set
for location referenced.
Cause . . . . . : A pointer was
used, either directly or as a basing
pointer, that has not been set to an
address.
CEE9901 Escape 30 07/29/14 17:45:57.124062 QLEAWI
QSYS *STMT F.MAILTOOL MAILTOOL *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . : QLEDEH
From procedure . . . . . . : Q LE
leDefaultEh2
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 175
To module . . . . . . . . . :
F.MAILTOOL
To procedure . . . . . . . :
#MAILTOOL_SENDMAIL
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 1468
Message . . . . : Application error.
MCH3601 unmonitored by QC2POSIX at
statement 0000000082, instruction
X'0000'.
Cause . . . . . : The application
ended abnormally because an exception
occurred and was not handled. The
name of the program to which the
unhandled exception is sent is
QC2POSIX QC2PFMO _C PSX dofmto. The program
was stopped at the high-level
language statement number(s) 0000000082 at the
time the message was sent. If more
than one statement number is shown, the
program is an optimized ILE program.
Optimization does not allow a single
statement number to be determined.
If *N is shown as a value, it means the
real value was not available.
Recovery . . . : See the low level messages
previously listed to locate the
cause of the exception. Correct any errors,
and then try the request again.

The first part is the error, the second one is my application catching the
error. I've traced it from the line number to the call to the QtmmSendMail
API.

Now, keep in mind this is running on many many machines, and this is the
first one to have this issue. And it's after the install of the latest
PTFs. This is running on machines from V4xxx to V7xxx without issue
(except this machine of course). And has run for over 10 years. :)

Just wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this. My guess is
it's a boo boo on IBM's part, and I have a feeling that if it breaks
QtmmSendMail it will be a huge deal for those applying the latest PTFs.

I'm going to have this customer move to using MAILTOOL Plus to bypass IBM's
SMTP server for now, but this is very discouraging.

Brad
www.bvstools.com