Charles,

Already in the works.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:23 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: AJS (Advance Job Scheduler) issue

How about adding an MPLUS job monitor looking for jobs on hold?

Or one that looks for certain jobs to be completed at a certain time every day?

Charles

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Evans,

On our R&D system, we had a tape issue, which caused the jobs to stack
up in BRMS jobq.
Tape issue was resolved.
BRMS jobs all ran, except for the save, (which was previously put on)
Nightly save on the LPAR didn't run for five days, because of the held
job. (operator had a senior moment)

AJS calendars and scheduling are actually very flexible. Also, it's
quite simple to run a job every 5 minutes, we have several.
Now the base job scheduler is a different story. There you had to
create duplicate jobs with the same call with a different schedule.

Paul