On 06-Mar-2014 10:29 -0800, Jeff Bull wrote:
TCP3C8A Diagnostic 30 03/06/14 11:08:32.145896
QTMFCLIE QTCP *STMT QTMFCLIE QTCP *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . : QTMFUTIL
From procedure . . . . . . : qtmf_IssueMessage__FPcT1ie
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 351
To module . . . . . . . . . : QTMFCLIE
To procedure . . . . . . . : main
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 658
Message : Operation not authorized.
Recovery: See your system administrator or security officer.

I have a remote user trying to use an FTP script, for ALL the other
remote users it logs onto my server, PUTs a file on my system and
QUITs.
This one user gets this message in their joblog when they try to do
the exact same thing ... five attempts than abends.
I have googled the TCP3C8A but the webpage that comes up is less use
than a chocolate tea-pot.

I need a large can of inspiration if someone can supply?

The failing request with effective symptom string msgTCP3C8A f/QTMFCLIE fm/QTMFUTIL t/QTMFCLIE tm/QTMFCLIE tp/main stmt/658 indicates that the FTP *client* utility is diagnosing the condition. Per "FTP script" I presume the input and output are overridden to files... but no description of what\whether output was produced.? If the user issues the STRTCPFTP request at the command-line, does the message appear immediately or does the user actually get an interactive FTP session started? If failing immediately, then is that diagnostic followed by an Escape, and is part of what is described as the 'script' actually run as a CLP that retries up to four more times if the request fails with any/that escape message?

FWiW, IMO, Sometimes starting with the midrange archives can be better than a wider web search; e.g. the following archived message, and others in that message thread, may be of interest, and even parallel mostly what has been offered in the current message thread albeit possibly more specific direction: