From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:10 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Controlling Job Types

Laine:

The answer to your question is yes you should change that system value and
reboot IBM i. It will come up with QCTL as the controlling subsystem and
QINTER and QBATCH will be started.

As suggested below the article Bryan is still very valid.

You will find your ability to manage the jobs on your system will be
significantly enhanced by that small but very significant change.

You should also check to be sure the following system values are set:

QPFRADJ is set to 3 - automatic adjustment
QDYNPTYADJ is set to 1 - On
QDYNPTYSCD is set to 1 - On.

Those are the defaults so they most likely still are set that way. That
will avoid some memory allocation issues right after the change.

More advanced memory management etc. will be available to you after these
changes.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect