From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sarah Kemp
Sent: Friday, 31 January 2014 8:55 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Common Display File (Header + File-level Keywords)

Thank you all for your suggestions and help. I did not realize UIM was
an alternative to DDS, or really what it was for until it was mentioned
here. I have been reading up on it and testing it out a little today and
I think it is definitely worth learning more about - I even found the
half a paragraph in that document about imbeds (includes) after you
indicated this was a possibility Mark; I really appreciate you pointing
out this aspect!

I also appreciate the recommendations for making DDS work better for me.
I was thinking of activating all of the function keys to avoid keyboard
locking, so it may be reasonable to use the old copy-and-paste with some
customizable header fields to create some standards. I would like to
avoid the added complication of a precompiler if I can...

Thank you for helping me understand the options, Sarah