HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 19:45:04 GMT
Server: Apache
Allow:

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>405 Method Not Allowed</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Method Not Allowed</H1>
<P>The requested method TRACE is not allowed for the URL /.</P>

2) The EnableTrace Off directive is working for some instances but failing for others, see error message below.
I was always placing the directive immediately doc root.
13

DocumentRoot /www/zendsvr6/htdocs

14

#EnableTrace Off

HTP8006 Diagnostic 40 01/15/14 17:54:58.594124 QZSRAPR QHTTPSVR *STMT QZSRCORE QHTTPSVR *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . : QZSRSNDM
From procedure . . . . . . : sendMessageToJobLog_CCSID
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 27
To module . . . . . . . . . : HTTP_CONFI
To procedure . . . . . . . : ap_walk_config_sub
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 12
Message . . . . : Directive not recognized.
Cause . . . . . : Directive EnableTrace is not a recognized HTTP server
directive. The HTTP server did not start. Recovery . . . : Correct or
remove the directive. Then start the HTTP server again. Technical
description . . . . . . . . : See the HTTP server documentation on
configuration and administration for more information.
HTP8008 Escape 40 01/15/14 17:54:58.594761 QZSRAPR QHTTPSVR *STMT QZHBMAIN QHTTPSVR *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . : QZSRSNDM
From procedure . . . . . . : sendEscapeWithMessageFile
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 4
To module . . . . . . . . . : ZHBMAIN
To procedure . . . . . . . : BigSwitch__FiPPc
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 234
Message . . . . : HTTP Server Instance ZENDSVR6 failed during start-up.
Cause . . . . . : HTTP Server instance ZENDSVR6 failed because of a
configuration error on line 14 in configuration file
/www/zendsvr6/conf/httpd.conf. Note: If the specified directive is either a
container directive (e.g. <Directory>), or a directive within a container,
the line number identified above may not be correct. In that case, you will
need to verify that all directives in the container, and the container
itself do not have configuration errors. Recovery . . . : See previous
job log messages. Correct the problem and start the server again.