From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vernon Hamberg
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:40 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Possible iSeries HTTP vulnerabilties TRACE and/or TRACK methods

Paul

Here's a sample based on the documentation for STRTCPSVR -

STRTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(HTTP1 '-vv')

'-vv' is the second element of the HTTPSVR parameter - there are several other items you can use there, as well - SSL port, other things - some are probably part of the startup parameters in the QSYSINC member that defines that.

There is '-ve' this is for error tracing - then '-vi' for informational tracing - and '-V' which gives the version and some of the settings - check the documentation or the help on STRTCPSVR.

I've only used '-vv' - remember to run just a little bit under this, then ENDTCPSVR - then look for spooled files probably under user QTMHHTTP. There'll be several.

Enjoy!
Vern