Ethernet over Power is much better than I expected. I had at one time 18 Phone and three ISDN lines at my house so "a LOT Of pairs." Now I have *NONE and use a tower for everything. Neighbor wanted to be able to see down the hill for the bus so their kindergartener didn't have to wait at the road and they are too far from the road to run out when the bus stops. SO I used a big bunch of those old copper pairs and ran power over them because they terminate right behind my mailbox, 100% on my property. Then I added an Ethernet over Power adapter on each end and now I have a camera beneath my mailbox running the 300+ feet back to my house. A little network magic and they can see it from their kitchen (we use the same provider). The units report 500Mb when you connect to them.

Revision II has the camera inside the mailbox with plexiglass windows. It's all built and working now but too bloody cold to go out and swap it.
- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com