Take everything I say with a grain of salt because I have not migrated any
Everything depends on the application. For example,
- Is the application a Websphere based application?
- Is the application a 100% java server application?
- Is the application a PHP based server application?
- Is the application a .NET application?
- Are you migrating a Windows based SAP server(s) to an IBM i based SAP
- Is it something that's been in place for a bazillion years running DOS
If all your clients are doing sql connection to the current application
that would be a simpler process, with perhaps some handling of sql
Is it a vendor supplied package who sells it for both platforms?
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2019 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact