Define "manage"

WRKMEDBRM LOC(*ALL) SYSNAME(GDWEB)
Volume Creation Expiration Move Media
Serial Status Date Date Location Date Class
BR0462 *ACT 06/08/13 06/03/14 IRONMTN 06/10/13 ULTRIUM4
BR0484 *ACT 11/14/13 11/29/13 IRONMTN 11/15/13 ULTRIUM4
VRT001 *ACT 11/26/13 11/27/13 *HOME 02/08/13 VRT256K

Image ASP Device
Catalog Status Type Threshold Device Status
VRTCLG Not ready Tape *CALC

QSYS/RSTBRM DEV(VRTDEV) OBJ(('/Domino/XQP02/data/aus.dic' *INCLUDE
'aus.dic.bak')) ENDOPT(*UNLOAD) OPTION(*NEW)
Ownership of object QBRMSPC_ in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.
Devices VRTDEV will be used for control group *N type *RCY.
OBJ parameter value changed, '/Domino/XQP02/data/aus.dic'.
OBJ parameter value changed, 'aus.dic.bak'.
1 objects restored.

BRMS knows all.

Image ASP Device
Catalog Status Type Threshold Device Status
VRTCLG Ready Tape *CALC VRTDEV Varied on

I will say that WRKIMGCLGE VRTCLG does show
Index Status Volume Name Density Type Write Protect
*AVAIL
1 Loaded VRT001 *VRT256K *SL No
and did so before the RSTBRM.

I remember that I had a bear of a time originally setting this all up and
I think I documented this in one long running thread when I did it.