Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 11/1/2013 3:29 PM, Mitchell, Dana wrote:
Given the more modern hardware and the abundance of memory now days, how important is it to break memory into several pools? Wouldn't the OS be better at moving memory between jobs that humans could be?

Given that, if this system needs a 'major overhaul', how exactly does one determine size and assignments of the pools?

Dana

-----Original Message-----
From:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2013 3:12 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: High Page Faulting in Base and Interactive Pools

I would most certainly agree that the memory allocation on this system needs a major overhaul, not a minor one, major. The current configuration is the source of the sensitivity to memory changes, not the reason for it. That said, something that recently happened to upset a system needs to be dealt with first, then come back and set up the work management the way this system needs it.