scaredy cats... well it is halloween (in US)

for those that were paying attention in 2007 (and I know many of you were) there were changes to DST in US, but other countries in same time zone (like Eastern) may or may not have changed. Thats why there are several Eastern Time Zone options in the WRKTIMZON.
-05:00 QN0500EST EST Eastern Standard Time
-05:00 QN0500EST2 EST Eastern Standard Time
-05:00 > QN0500EST3 EST Eastern Standard Time
-05:00 QN0500UTCS UTC-05:00S UTC-05:00 Standard Time

There are 5 Central zones There are 6 Mountain zones There are 5 Pacific zones

but only QN0500EST3 has the right shift for US
Daylight Saving Time start:
Month . . . . . . . . . . . : March
Day . . . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday
Relative day of month . . . : Second
Time . . . . . . . . . . . . : 02:00:00

Daylight Saving Time end:
Month . . . . . . . . . . . : November
Day . . . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday
Relative day of month . . . : First
Time . . . . . . . . . . . . : 02:00:00

Rob asked if any "issues" expected - and I know of one server that had QN0500EST (not QN0500EST3)
and they changed time last weekend...a week early.

This doc has some of the most frequent questions, including what happens in spring forward or fall back.
With so many variations on how to schedule, you really should "know" how it works and not guess around it.

Frequently Asked Questions about time
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1018927

Note: be careful making changes - shifting the time zone that changes the offset can have an immediate time change effect on your system.

Also, schedulers outside of the base scheduler (wrkjobscde or iNav) or the Advanced Scheduler, such as in Websphere, Tivoli, etc
all have their own patches and docs.

I haven't manually changed a time zone in many years, and I schedule stuff throughout nights, but for intense scheduling there are options where you control when to change it.

Jim Franz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Crosby" <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>