Given that the 70GB Arms themselves are a bit stale, why not? :-)

In another thread just days ago we talked about why the newer 'spinny' drives are bigger but none of them are 15K RPM. Bottom line was SSDs in the mix allow fewer, slower, Spinny disks when complimented by some crazy fast SSDs.

In this situation it's possible to put in say 2 SSDs and mirror them along with some very big 10K RPM disks for the rest of everything. Problem is that in the CEC the RAID cards just aren't that zippy nor do they have monster cache or 6Gb connection speed. And should he be the guinea pig for that?

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com