I haven't had the pleasure of working with p7's yet, but i do remember
an old 720 or similar that had switched that turned off the power if
you attempted to remove the BACK cover! so, not even seeing what cable
was plugged where were you allowed to see.
Do power7's have the card enclosure system? i thought that was a neat
addition since it allowed easier hot-swap/add/remove without having to
pop a cover, at least on the 8203-E8A's that i've got lying around it
makes changing configs a lot easier (finally going IOPless was also a
blessing)...

I have to agree with all the comments that say "go play with a
non-production machine".
I'm not an IBMer, don't work for a BP but thanks to the piles of
machines i have (and i ask for, since i need to have parts to service
machines) i've learned tons about the hardware and basic software.
Redbooks are also a must. anytime i have to do anything new (Dual
VIOS, for example) i get all the relevant RedBooks and read them cover
to cover, they are written by people like us and really explain all
the nooks and crannies...

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Jim Oberholtzer