Access the system catalog on the remote system.
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/db2/rbafzcatalog.htm

Here's a small sample:

STRSQL

CONNECT TO GDIHQ

SELECT SYSTEM_TABLE_SCHEMA as Library,
SYSTEM_TABLE_NAME as table,
SYSTEM_TABLE_MEMBER as member,
LAST_CHANGE_timestamp as last_changed,
LAST_USED_TIMESTAMP as last_used
FROM syspartitionstat
where system_table_schema='ROB'

Now, that may not be buggy enough for you so you could try calling a
remote procedure that does a DSPDBR to a printout and you can copy that to
a spool file. This should give you continuous work to keep up with
whenever you upgrade OS and printout format changes.

Now, if the system catalogs are too easy, and the buggy cpysplf isn't
enough of a challenge, you could call the database and file apis as a
stored procedure.
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/apis/file2.htm