Joel,

Did the journal receiver names roll over? Did the receiver names start back at 0 or 1?

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 1, 2013, at 3:02 PM, "Stone, Joel" <Joel.Stone@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So I have changed my theory concerning how we missed journal entries.

(BTW JRNCACHE is set to *NO.)

We DSPJRN all journal entries for 20 files of interest to an outfile for a specific time window, about 24 hours. (except Monday even, which has a time window that begins Friday eve).

On Monday eve, we ran DSPJRN to select journal entries from Fri eve until Monday eve.

We only write out records to a work file it fields of interest CHANGE in a record. For example, if a customer CITY changes from the UB to UP record, I write a record.

It appears that the Friday evening UB records were NOT seen by the DSPJRN command. This caused no field changes to be detected since the BEFORE images were missed for some RRN's. There was an IPL early Saturday morning around 5 am.

Could an IPL disrupt the DSPJRN from retrieving journal entries?

Here is the command:

DSPJRN JRN(&libJRN/JRNLCMIS) +
FILE((&libCMIS/filenames *first) +
RCVRNG(*CURCHAIN) +