Multiple things here. First, people are too fixated on save files. While
it may make sense to save DB2 stuff like files and whatnot into a save
file before shipping it off to another system I find that doing it for
stream files is often a huge waste of time and disk space. Especially for
stream files that are the results of image catalogs. After all, the
security aspects on them are not all that complicated that you need the
same authority on the target system. Image catalogs are often HUGE files.
To then save them into a save file just about doubles the disk space
consumed. And, if you're saving many to one REALLY HUGE save file if
there's a transmission problem you have to send the whole save file again.
Another thing, if your target system is not an IBM i and you sent the
stream file directly (via ftp) instead of some save file then it doesn't
care. You can easily burn that to disk if you need to. If you sent a
.savf then you'll have to find an IBM i to expand that save file back out
into the stream file before you can burn it to disk.

Second, dragging and dropping to your CD is not the same. The reason is
this. First, looking at the /savsys/disc1ofmany.iso file doesn't show you
the actual data on the disk. It's like using your eyeballs to look at the
pretty gold coloring on your DVD and thinking that's the actual data on
that disk. If you take and mount that image catalog to a virtual tape or
optical (depending on type) then do the appropriate DSPTAP or DSPOPT you
will see the actual files on that 'disc' instead of
/savsys/disc1ofmany.iso. So when you 'burn' a .iso file to CD or DVD it
opens up the .iso file and instead puts the individual objects onto the CD
or DVD. So if you open up the newly created physical disc it will now
contain these individual objects.