You may certainly transfer the images to your PC with any method that works. Personally I use FTP (Binary mode please!) but that's just me.

Once on your PC if you want to make use of them to restore the system you'll of course need to burn them to plastic. To do that use ImgBurn ($free) as that seems to be the only one that consistently creates bootable DVDs from image catalog media.

If your systems were newer you could also make them available via NFS from another server but you cannot do that on an iSeries, it has to be a Power System with IBM i 7.1 for that to be available.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com