On 21 Jun 2013 09:35, DrFranken wrote:

On 6/21/2013 12:28 PM, Musselman, Paul wrote:

I used to love adding the vertical barred "Changes and Addendae"
'patches' to the manuals-- a great way to become aware of the new
features of the system. When they started shipping a complete set
of new manuals (and binders) with every release, that avenue for
knowledge updates went away. ):

It wasn't really gone, just different. I would take the books home
and flip through them reading the parts with the bars. My wife
thought I was a sick puppy.

Try doing that with the InfoCenter.....

My apologies in advance, both for contributing to this non-technical thread and the inanity of the following offer in response to the effective challenge. But in response to /try that/ there is a somewhat futile [i.e. organizationally] yet somewhat effective means to review change-barred topics in a particular release of the IBM i [e.g. 7.1] of the InfoCenter as yet another /different/ way reflecting the changes in how the documentation was made available:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22start+of+change%22+%22end+of+change%22+site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fpic.dhe.ibm.com%2Finfocenter%2Fiseries%2Fv7r1m0