John:

1) First, use Google to search for information on the topic for which you have a question...

You are most likely to find it in the the Midrange archives or the IBM Information Center. It takes time and experience to learn which search terms to use in order to get meaningful results. Then, when you post your questions to the list, indicate what you have done in attempts to solve your own problem.

2) PROVIDE AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE!

If you are dealing with system errors, in your posting include as MUCH information as possible, including snippets from job logs, message text, and and second-level message text.

3) PICK YOUR FORUM CAREFULLY!

As Eric Raymond points out on his web page, pick your forum carefully. For example, if you have questions regarding JDE software, Join JDELIST.com and post JDE-related questions there.

By the way:
You are correct that any registered member can post a question at any time, BUT don't expect anyone to jump through hoops to get you an answer if you don't first try to help yourself.

[defiantly], ;-D

-sjl

"John Mathew" :

Hi David,

The forum is really helpful to the AS/400 user's appreciate your hard work
patience to build the forum. and yes as we all know the forum has got a
world wide recognition.
I respect you all for giving the support what ever I have learnt so far yes
its defiantly from Midrange Forum and of course Rob.

However I would know below few things

Is this forum is only for experienced person?
Is this forum is only for a particular country?

If so please let me know I will unsubscribe from midrange.

I just started my career in AS/400 and most of the queries
which I ask looks stupid to experience persons.
Well we all started our career at some point of time so I started it now ..
that's it

I still believe Midrange its a pure technical discussion forum
so any one can raise the >>> quires <<< irrespective of senior or junior...