On 12 Jun 2013 12:28, Eric Lehti wrote:
<<SNIP>> are you saying that remote outqs can potentially eliminate
the need for a static I.P. address in the INTNETADR parameter?
How can a remote outq communicate with a remote system without an I.P.
address?

<<SNIP prompted version; replaced with unprompted:>>
CRTOUTQ RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) RMTPRTQ(ITDEPT) CNNTYPE(*IP) INTNETADR('10.0.3.102')

For a description of how to avoid the TCP/IP address being specified in the form nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn for the remote Output Queue being created, review the help text for the RMTSYS parameter for the CRTOUTQ CL command. Note: Of course that help text having replaced the word "use" with "specify" plus having replaced "instead of" with either "for" or "on" [as seen in the v5r3 help text; included below] would be much clearer IMO:

Remote system (RMTSYS) - Help

Specifies the remote system to send files to when a
remote writer is started (using the STRRMTWTR command)
to the output queue. This is referred to as
the "address" by SNADS, and the "host" by TCP/IP.

The possible values are:

<<SNIPped>>

*INTNETADR

The INTNETADR parameter is used to identify the system
when a remote writer is started to the output queue.
If you have a host table or a domain name server on your
TCP/IP network, you can use the remote-system-name
instead of this parameter.

<<SNIPped>>

Per my "Note:" above, I think that last sentence should have said instead: "If you have a host table or a domain name server on your TCP/IP network, you can specify the remote-system-name for this parameter; i.e. the TCP/IP "host" name can be specified, rather than specifying the TCP/IP address of the "host" on the INTNETADR parameter along with specifying the special value *INTNETADR for this parameter."

Anyhow... That suggests the modification to the reconstructed command string from above, would have the new command string appearing like the following [wherein the INTNETADR() is no longer specified, per having specified the TCP/IP "host" *name* for the RMTSYS() parameter]:

CRTOUTQ RMTSYS(RmtSysName /* for TCP/IP address: 10.0.3.102 */)
RMTPRTQ(ITDEPT) CNNTYPE(*IP) /* Omit INTNETADR() spec */