Or they install a new door in receiving between doors 1 and 2 :)

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roger Harman
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:23 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: All printers and their IP Addresses

I always named them, and used static IP's in DHCP, but had the same naming issue.

IBM example name: RcvDock1
Windows example name: The_Printer_At_The_Receiving_Dock_3rd_Door_Left_Side

Worse was when the network guys decided to name devices by division_dept.
Worked great until the first divisional reorg.