I'd highly recommend looking into a licensing deal with an existing
vendor...

Replication in general isn't as easy as it seems. HA/DR replication even
more so.

You could look at the big boys (Mimix for instance) but the smaller guys
might be enough to start. One I've heard about, but not used is Bug
Busters.
http://www.bugbusters.net/

Charles