Hello,

I have been debugging an issue on our system for the past couple days with
no luck. We have an FTP program that restricts access for users and will
display a message on a 5250 session (display file) saying the user is not
allowed access.

The program works as expected when 5250 sessions are configured to display
screen 24x80 but when I use 27x132 I get the following error:

CPF5192 Diagnostic 50 23/05/13 09:41:18.273864 QWSERROR
QSYS 0630 QWSUIEH QSYS 012A

Message . . . . : Data sent to device
QPADEV0001 not valid. Negative

response code is 10050122.

Cause . . . . . : The condition was
caused by the program output data

containing below hex 40 or too many
input fields. More information on the

negative response code can be found
in either the IBM 5494 Remote Control

Unit Functions Reference (under
negative responses) or the SNA Formats

Manual (under SENSE or LUSTAT codes).
Invalid data (below hex 40) may have

occurred in one of the following
ways: Invalid parameter data passed in

variable to command language program.
Variable is used in SNDPGMMSG

command. Command fails when data is
displayed. Hexadecimal characters below

hex 40 entered into TEXT parameter of
create command. Display command for

object fails when object parameters
are displayed. Data base record

containing invalid data displayed by
the application program. Failure to

specify RSTDSP(*YES) when alternating
displays from more than one file to

the device, where both files have
input fields. Recovery . . . : Correct

the program or the output data. Try
the command again. If the problem

occurs again, enter the ANZPRB
command to run problem analysis.

I have researched around on the internet and saw suggestions for changing
ENHDSP(*YES) RSTDSP(*NO) DFRWRT(*YES) on the CRTDSPF command to have
different combinations of *YES/*NO and that did not help. My display file
currently is defined with DSPSIZ(24 80 27 132) and I have tried using just
DSPSIZ(24 80) and DSPSIZ(27 132).

I am currently lost for ideas so if anyone else out there has an idea please
let me know.

Thanks,

Aaron R. Hasley

Lead Developer/Senior Software Engineer
<http://www.centerfieldtechnology.com/> Centerfield Technology, Inc.
(507) 287-8119 ext. 155
<mailto:ahasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
ahasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.

Those that can read binary and those that can't.