On 5/22/2013 4:43 PM, Hoteltravelfundotcom wrote:
Good so in the Logical i have it seems that the logical returns all of the
fields of the Physical, lets say 100 fields. WHen we may be using only 3
fields in the Crystal. Are these extra 97 fields going to cause a slower
performance or its not an issue as number of records are.

If Crystal does 'Select A, B, C from SOMEFILE' then it doesn't matter
how many columns are defined in SOMEFILE because Crystal is only asking
for 3.

If Crystal does 'Select * from SOMEFILE' then performance will degrade
because clearly, the database needs to send more data up the pipe.

Having said that, the next question becomes 'how much slower?' And the
answer is: it depends. All performance questions go this way, which
stinks but the simple truth is that everybody's setup is different, and
therefore, performance problems are best handled by measuring, changing
one thing, measuring again and so on.
--buck