To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 8:23 PM
Subject: Re: Question about support related to Windows 7

He has been doing the net use. He says there is no provision to drop a
drive. I am not on 7 yet - not real eager to change just yet. I only
received an XP computer two years ago.

I haven't seen his computer. I suggested he right click the drive. His
claim is that he did.

People miss simple things.

He gets defensive when he is shown in error. On the other hand, I was
pursuing a wild fowl for about four hours today. User 500 miles away
reported she could not connect to the i. Made no sense. She could get to
a terminal server just fine. What happened, I was finally told, was that
she transposed user name and device name on a connect screen. I give her
credit for fessing up. Really hard to diagnose some issues like that. She
had been using the computer just fine. Her report to the help desk stating
the connection had dropped. That could have been her statement, or an
error by the help desk. Yesterday's six hour bore-a-thon and then today's
tracing a user error. Glad the weekend is here.

John McKee