Years ago IBM recommended adding *SAVSYS & *SECDTA *USRASPAUT to the omit list to improve save performance. Time for more research. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CRPence
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 1:44 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Long SAVSYS

On 22 Apr 2013 13:23, Bakutis, Becky wrote:
<<SNIP>>
4/21/13 2:19:20 Starting SAVSYS to devices TAPMLB09.
4/21/13 3:48:45 Save System (SAVSYS) command has completed processing.
<<SNIP>>

Issue PRTPRFINT for all profiles, and look at the percentages.

Search that command name along with SAVSECDTA and\or SAVSYS in past
discussions [here and discussion\articles elsewhere on the web] to see
likely origin for save performance issue due to the amount of
authorities being saved.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/cl/prtprfint.htm
_i Print Profile Internals (PRTPRFINT) i_
Where allowed to run: All environments (*ALL)
Threadsafe: No

The Print Profile Internals (PRTPRFINT) command allows you to print a
report containing information on the number of entries contained in a
user profile (*USRPRF) object. The number of entries in the user profile
determines the size of the user profile.

Four types of entries can be found in a user profile:

Owned objects:
For every object a user profile owns, an "owned objects" entry
exists in that user's profile (*USRPRF).

Private authorities:
For every private authority a user is granted, a "private
authority" entry exists in that user's profile (*USRPRF).

Authorized objects:
For every user that is granted a private authority to an object a
profile owns, an "authorized object" entry exists in the object owner's
profile (*USRPRF).

Primary group authorities:
For every object for which a user is the primary group, a "primary
group" entry exists in that user's profile (*USRPRF).

Each entry in the user profile causes the user profile (*USRPRF) object
to grow.
..."