Awesome, thanks for that.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 8:11 AM, DrFranken <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When you create an NWSD in IBM i for a guest partition you may select a
shared storage pool to be used for I/O buffering. Using the POOL()
parameter of the NWSD you specify one of *SHRPOOL1-60. That pool must
be specifically configured with ACTLVL(*DATA). Also the pool may NOT be
used by ANY subsystems. The memory assigned to this pool is the I/O
buffer pool. Think of it as the RAID write cache if you will.

It doesn't need to be huge. On the server with 30 client partitions it's
set at 4GB. I usually start with about 2G.

Note this can also be used for iSCSI Clients (Windows and VMWare) as well.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com