From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Terry Nonamaker
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:02 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Strange issue maybe you can help me with Mark

The *inz only applies on the 1st cycle

If the ds is for some reason being cleared for other purposes ....every person has their own logic of how to do things ....and especially if they cleared it with blanks .....then reset would fix it

And, there may be something more going on here .....as we do not necessarily see the whole picture .....despite how it is described

Sometimes, that supposed extra step is worth it

You are correct, that the program using the read, which had the problem ....should only require the *inz ....but I would definitely recommend this on the program that does the write

Also, at the moment I cannot supply the scenario ......but it would not be good to have the *inz of ds's as a default ......I assure you, that will bite you

You may have been doing this for a long time ....but so have I, possibly longer than you ....and I have seen many strange things that just don't seem right