From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nathan Andelin
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2013 11:47 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: NFS and remote image catalogs/saves ?

Apparently TAPVRT01 is not support via NFS, just optical only.

Could we step back a bit for those of us who don't have any experience at working with NFS? I understand that mainstream platforms including IBM i can run an NFS service. I see IBM i commands for starting and stopping NFS servers. I understand that stream file APIs can be used against files on remote servers, via NFS.

But how does IBM i act as an NFS client? I suppose the idea is to perform file I/O against a local IFS directory which maps to a remote server, but how do you set that up?

-Nathan