From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2013 10:06 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: This weekend

We can't reply on that until we know where you're at.

Starting with, do you have electrical for the 720? Been there, done that.
Hey, who ordered a water tight plug?
Are the tape drives compatible?
Do you have enough tapes? Including doing a full system save on the new machine when you're done?
What release are you running on the old machine? If it's not 7.1, did you read ALL of the intervening Memo To Users?
Are you using the same console?
How far have you gotten on the new machine? Did you hook up a console and fire it up yet? Did you initialize the drives to save you time (a shit load of time)?
Be careful if you are using an HMC. They're great but you do NOT want to even plug in the 720 until it's hooked up to the HMC and you followed the instructions carefully.

If you are having a CE come in and help you, did you schedule them in advance?

Did you get permission from the boss for pizza and other niceties for those helping you? (Back in the day, beer was permitted. I miss those
days.)

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E