WRKACTJOB will show CPU % but on our system most jobs show zero! :)

WRKACTJOB is sortable using F16 (move cursor to column, press F16) so you could sort on job number and find the oldest job. You can sort on CPU percent. Pressing F5 to refresh keeps the counters. Pressing F10 to refresh will use the last interval counters.

WRKSYSACT we use for trouble shooting. Put in auto-update mode and can see CPU percent for that time slice.

We do not do much manual messing around for performance tuning but we do have several system values set that adjust for us.

QDYNPTYADJ
QDYNPTYSCD
QPFRADJ

Our pools are mostly set for *calc (WRKSYSSTS). But you could mess there. But once you mess, then you always have to mess.

Performance Tools provides good information over a range of time periods and has an adviser.

Jim mentioned the SQL indexes and I'm sure there was a thread not too long ago on this board about how to interpret the index adviser information.

If you system includes SSD and HD, you should look for some threads regarding moving hot data and or files on or off the SSD.

Years ago, the company I worked for had tremendous gains from having someone come by and do a performance "checkup" that took less than one hour. We had messed up the memory pools and adjusted some job descriptions/subsystem descriptions/modes? so badly that we just needed a fresh -knowing- eye to look it over and suggest the "right way" to do it. If your system is in serious distress,  employ someone who has done it and can interpret the results. You will save tons of time.