You can help your self by making sure the collection services are running. Use System i Navigator; open "Configuration and Service" then "Collection Services". It may ask you to connect to the central system, say yes. It will take a bit (45 seconds or so) to connect.
Right click on "collection services" and Properties. In the part of the dialog where it talks about retention days, (the default is one) change it to somewhere between 5 and 14 depending on how full your system is. To save space make sure the "Create Database files during collection" is unchecked. You don't need the files up front and can create them anytime afterwards.

That will give whoever you hire to help you performance data to work with. If you look at some of the graphs and reports you might be able to see what's going on but normally it requires a bit more analysis. My guess is you need memory adjustments and any jobs that use SQL worked on a bit. A pure guess but one that Larry, me, Pete and a few others have seen dozens of times.

<shameless plug> I'm one of those guys that you can hire </shameless plug>

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects