On 15 Mar 2013 09:43, CRPence wrote:
On 15 Mar 2013 02:01, Andrew.Smith@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

<<SNIP>>
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to quickly list all the
checked out objects on the system so we can perform some checks
and sort these objects out before the backups kick in?

<<SNIP>> I am not sure if the RTVDIRINF output file(s) [and
PRTDIRINF] include the checkout status and the "checked out by whom"
*USRPRF name, as I never used them after early experiences;
certainly not quick back then.

Seems those attributes are available with RTVDIRINF, and thus capable of being queried from the output file, although perhaps not available /quickly/ as required; but then I still question why\how the backups would be impacted:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/ifs/rzaaxwwcomm.htm
_Working with output of the RTVDIRINF and PRTDIRINF commands_
"The Retrieve Directory Information (RTVDIRINF) command is used to collect attributes for objects in the integrated file system. The collected information is stored in database files (tables) that are named using the information file prefix specified by the INFFILEPFX parameter. The tables are created in the library specified by the INFLIB parameter.

Three tables are created as a result of the RTVDIRINF command. One table stores object attributes, one is for directories, and the last table is used to determine which files were used to store object attributes.

The following table describes the fields that are provided for the table that stores the object attributes. If *GEN is specified in the information file prefix (INFFILEPFX) parameter, the database files are created with a unique prefix generated by this command. The prefix begins with QAEZD followed by four digits. The files created to store the collected information are named using this prefix followed by either the letter D (for the file that contains directory information) or the letter O (for the file that contains information about objects in directories). For example, the first time that the command is run with *GEN specified, files QAEZD0001D and QAEZD0001O are created in the library specified by the Information library (INFLIB) parameter. Users can specify a file prefix to use for naming this database, which can be up to nine characters long.

Table 1. QAEZDxxxxO (store object's attributes)
Field name Field type Field description
QEZCHKOUT ≤1≥ SMALLINT An indicator as to whether an object is checked out. Valid values are: 0 - The object is not checked out. 1 - The object is checked out.
QEZCHKOWN GRAPHIC (10) The user who has the object checked out. This field is blank if it is not checked out.
QEZCHKTIM TIMESTAMP The date and time the object was checked out. If the object is not checked out, this field will have NULL as its value.
Notes:
≤1≥ This field is included in the subset of fields used by the PRTDIRINF command."