Joel

You have a WHERE clause ahead of the LEFT JOIN - that's the wrong order.

:)

Time to go home, man!

Vern

On 2/15/2013 5:04 PM, Stone, Joel wrote:
Im trying to combine a WHERE EXISTS with a left outer join.

I am receiving error "keyword LEFT not expected".

Is there a way to make this happen?

Thanks

insert into bzmiscchg OVERRIDING USER VALUE
select ' ','I',ASHPNBR,ABLDNGD,APLSQNB,AMSCHRG,
CTLTEXT3 ChgDesc,sum(AMSCHRG2) chgamt,
replace(char(curdate(),iso),'-','') || 'T'
|| replace(char(curTime()),':','')
,' ',' '
from miscchg3 a

where exists
(select * from APPLSHIP b
where a.ASHPNBR = b.ASHPNBR
and a.ABLDNGD = b.ABLDNGD
and a.APLSQNB = b.APLSQNB
)

left outer join ctltable
on CTLTABLE = 'MISCCHG' and AMSCHRG = CTLELEMENT
group by ASHPNBR,ABLDNGD,APLSQNB,AMSCHRG,CTLTEXT3
order by ASHPNBR,ABLDNGD,APLSQNB,AMSCHRG

This outbound email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Skyscan service.