On 31 Jan 2013 11:34, Laine, Rogers wrote:

I was under the impression that using the JOB parm required all
three parms of JobName, Userid, JobNumber.

All three qualified elements of the JOB parameter are not required; up to two are optional. The specification can be any of JOB(JobName) [the equivalent of JOB(*N/*N/JobName)], JOB(Userid/JobName) [the equivalent of JOB(*N/Userid/JobName)], or JOB(JobNumber/Userid/JobName); each "equivalent" represents more conspicuously, the omitted values. These are a form of /generic/ specification for the qualified job name.

Once I used Job(JobName) I was able to select the last report using
SPLNBR(*LAST).

This is one of the above-noted /generic/ JOB specifications. If there were more than one job name meeting the criteria [which could possibly be narrowed with a JOBSYSNAME parameter specification], then the command would fail with CPF3343 "Duplicate job names found." to inform you that the "job name that you specified was not unique." Unlike ENDJOB [and some other JOB commands], the CPYSPLF command does not prompt the "Select Job" panel from which to choose from duplicate named jobs.

<<SNIP>>

More comments inline, further below.