I expect that the person who wrote that text for that IBM Software Technical Document Number: 333818685 could have done better. They might have done better to have written something like:

"Although the Save File is ordered like a PTF, the content of the Save File is a SAVLIB of the QSPTLIB library instead of an actual PTF as with a typical PTF Save File; i.e. a request to DSPSAVF would show 'Save command . . . . : SAVLIB'. Thus, the LODPTF [nor APYPTF] command is not applicable for installation of the tool\feature provided in the Save File. To install the feature provided by the Save File, issue a RSTLIB QSPTLIB DEV(*SAVF) from the Save File."

Regards, Chuck