IBM tried to encourage me to look at the BRMS toolkit. I read it. This
was my reply:

I read the document about the tool kit. I saw options in it to transfer
objects to other systems, such as libraries and what not. To me it looks
like stuff already available in the SNA world with 5770SS1-22-Object
Connect. I saw nothing in there to take a save completed on another
system to virtual, move the save to another system and do a duptapbrm and
yet still see the object with WRKOBJBRM.
But as I start to study this further I am beginning to see your proposal,
not that I agree, but I think I understand. What you're saying is use
this new capability to transfer the whole library over to the other
system, do the save there. And instead of running
WRKOBJBRM OBJ(MYLIB/ITEMMAST)
OBJTYPE(*FILE)
FROMSYS(APPN.RealErpSys)
I should run
WRKOBJBRM OBJ(MYLIB/ITEMMAST)
OBJTYPE(*FILE)
FROMSYS(APPN.SysWithTape)
I have a problem with that on several levels.
First, and foremost, how does that appear on the recovery report for
APPN.RealErpSys?
Second, What happens if you already have a library called MYLIB on
APPN.SysWithTape?
Third, what if the object is owned by ERPVENDOR and this user is not on
APPN.SysWithTape?
And the list goes on (journalling, authorization lists, triggers, ...)