Bob did you order these??

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Bob Cagle <bcagle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Pete

The issue is that I've received duplicate DVDs in the *same shipment*.
I have two I_BASE_01 DVDs for RS-710F. I also have one set of
B_GROUP1_01 thru 05, and another set of B_GROUP1_01 and 02.

I've been trying to determine what the difference is between these. The
only difference that I can see is that for the B_GROUP1_xx DVDs, on the
packing slip one set shows FC. 5817 and the other shows FC. 6284.

Any idea what the difference is?

Thanks
Bob

p.s. I've been using your 'What you need to know to do successful
upgrades' presentation to prepare for this upgrade. It's been very
helpful - thank you!

From: Pete Massiello
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2013 9:47 AM

Bob,

You definitely want to use the latest I_BASE_01 DVD, which would be
RS-710F. This will save you a few hours (maybe 1 to 2 depending on your
machine) applying PTFs. That is the latest Resave of the LIC, which
means more >PTFs have been applied. Along with that, you want to use
that B_BROUP1_01 RS710-10. This is a resave of the OS, and again will
save you time, but MUST be used with the RS-710F I_BASE_01 DVD. If you
are going to be doing >this upgrade a few months from now, there would
then be again another resave of the LIC when TR6 comes out. That is why
you want to be ordering your media around the time you are doing the
upgrade. Even if you have >this version, it would only mean that
putting on the PTFs will take a little longer. In either way, we have
done quite a few upgrades with 710-F, and it is very stable.

Get the pre-Req PTFs on before you do the upgrade, or get to the latest
PTFs on 6.1 before upgrading to 7.1.

Don't put two of the same DVDs into the image catalogue, just one for
each, and the latest as discussed above.

If you are using JAVA, make sure you check your versions before going
from 6.1 to 7.1.

Pete

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions