On 09 Jan 2013 10:39, Rick.Chevalier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am working on a command <<SNIP>>

I have posted the code here http://code.midrange.com/bf8f32f019.html
<<SNIP>>

Might be reasonable to effect removal of a nesting level by changing the ENRCODE to become two separate parameters; handling the MAX(2) in another fashion.? Done using the same definitions, but making the second parameter optional by enabling [a Default Value and] a Single Value which nullifies specifications on any elements other than the first; e.g.:

PARM KWD(ENRCODE) TYPE(ENRGROUP) MAX(1) PROMPT('ENR code')
PARM KWD(ENRCOD2) TYPE(ENRGROUP) MAX(1) PROMPT('ENR code 2') +
MIN(0) SNGVAL(*X) DFT(*X)

Instead of the first of the next two requests, the second:

ENRcommand ENRCODE( ( C D1 D2 ( ( T1 T2 T3 ) ( T4 T5 T6 ) ) )
( X SD ED ( ( X1 X2 X3 ) ( X4 X5 X6 ) ) ) )

ENRcommand ENRCODE( C D1 D2 ( ( T1 T2 T3 ) ( T4 T5 T6 ) ) )
ENRCOD2( X SD ED ( ( X1 X2 X3 ) ( X4 X5 X6 ) ) )

Instead of the first of the next two requests, the second:

ENRcommand ENRCODE( ( C D1 D2 ( ( T1 T2 T3 ) ( T4 T5 T6 ) ) ) )

ENRcommand ENRCODE( C D1 D2 ( ( T1 T2 T3 ) ( T4 T5 T6 ) ) )
ENRCOD2(*N)