On 12/18/2012 11:09 AM, Scott Klement wrote:

indenting level of code (shift the code to the right/left.) LPEX should
have another way of doing that. (Or, maybe it does, but is really hard
to find?)

I found the documentation by
1) Escape, to get to the command line.
2) Press F1. This gives generic help.
3) Click Issuing editor commands. Some generic words on commands and
actions.
4) Commands are, well, commands. query and set are the biggies.
5) Parameters are settings like prefixArea. One can query prefixArea to
see the current setting.
6) Actions are things the editor can do. These are assigned to keys or
mouse wiggles. Like cut, copy, blockFill, split, splitAndShift. One
can test actions with the action command.

For example, select a rectangle (alt-r at each corner). Try the RPG
sequence number area, columns 1-5. Press Escape or mouse to the command
line and type action blockFill. A prompt comes up for a fill character,
try xxxxx and press Enter. The block is filled with x's. Some people
use the sequence number for change notation. Provide enough characters,
or the filler will wrap.

Using action split, action splitLine and action splitAndShift can be
interesting. Put the cursor in the middle of a line of code and try them.

To see how a key is currently assigned, query keyAction. For Enter,
query keyAction.enter. To change it, set keyAction.enter. I assigned
Alt-Enter to splitLine. set keyAction.a-enter splitLine. Now when I
want more traditional editor behaviour from Enter, I hold alt while
pressing it.

Sorry for the bandwidth.
--buck