On 14 Dec 2012 10:02, Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc. wrote:
That is correct. I want to use [ed: SBMJOB SCDDATE() SCDTIME()], but
I don't know if there will be an IPL in between the SBMJOB, and the
SCDDATE/SCDTIME. I would prefer not to use the job scheduler as it is
a one time job, and I don't want to be cluttering it up with that
type of work. I was aware of the *SBMRLS option on an ADDJOBSCDE
job.

So my job would be sitting on the job queue, not in the job
scheduler. Will it run assuming the system is fully up and running
at SCDDATE/SCDTIME? Even if the system is IPL'd while the job is on
the job queue. So now it looks like I am getting conflicting reports.
Gary says that his operations guys believe that jobs on the job queue
survive an IPL, and rob says the operations guys are wrong if the job
is on the job queue. I wish I could find the answer in the info
center. I am sure it is there somewhere, just not sure what the magic
keywords are.

Discussing a topic in a no-subject thread is at least mildly annoying. So, in my reply, I added the inquiry as a subject:
http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201212/threads.html#00726
# Re: Do jobs on a job queue survive an IPL? , CRPence

In that reply I did not include information about a job on a Job Queue which exists on an iASP:
IBM i 7.1 Information Center -> Systems management -> Work management -> Concepts
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzaks/rzaksaboutjobqueue.htm
_i Job queues i_
"A job queue contains an ordered list of jobs waiting to be processed by a subsystem. The job queue is the first place that a submitted batch job goes before becoming active in a subsystem. The job is held here until a number of factors are met.

Job queues can be created in the system disk pool or in an independent disk pool. Jobs placed on a job queue in an independent disk pool are ended when the independent disk pool is varied off or when an IPL of the system occurs.
..."

Conspicuously missing from that doc, is what the effect is for jobs in a Job Queue in *SYSBAS, instead of in an Independent ASP. Anyone would be free to submit a Reader Comment using the "Send Feedback" link. Here is some more documentation which differentiates between Job Scheduler [Job Schedule Entries] jobs and simply "Scheduled" jobs:

IBM i 7.1 Information Center -> Systems management -> Work management -> Concepts -> Job scheduling options
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzaks/rzaksjobschdlnsysavailable.htm
_i Job scheduling and system availability i_
"If the system is powered down or in restricted state when scheduled times are reached, jobs cannot be submitted from job schedule entries and the status of scheduled jobs cannot be changed. However, you can control how the system handles this situation after the system IPL or after it comes out of restricted state.

The job schedule entries and the scheduled jobs are processed in the order that the missed occurrences would have been handled normally. Work from other sources may enter the system while missed job schedule entries and scheduled jobs are being processed.

* Job Schedule Entries: You can control how each entry is handled by the value you specify for the recovery action of the entry. You can specify that a job still be submitted using the entry, that a job be submitted and held on the job queue, or that a job should not be submitted. If you request that a job be submitted, only one job is submitted from each entry, no matter how many submissions were missed while the system was not available.

* Scheduled Job: The system checks to determine if any scheduled times have passed while the system was not available. If a scheduled job with a passed time is found, the job’s status is updated.

Parent topic: _Job scheduling options_
"

The parent topic described about the the Submit Job (SBMJOB) command; though not specifically mentioning the parameters SCDDATE and SCDTIME that implement the scheduling:
"This character-based interface command controls the time a job is released in the job queue. It is an easy way to schedule a job that only needs to run once. It allows you to use many of the job attributes defined for your current job."