Hi Sam

Since I've written several of these SQL statement processors on my own and now the ones we have in our products, I can't agree that putting in OUTPUT parameters is all that difficult.

It's easy to use an API to get the exact parameter definitions from the STRQMQRY command, for example. Or just look at a prompt and imitate it - close enough.

Then it's simply a matter of passing the value to the STRQMQRY command in the command-processing program for your command.

Even using the QM commands directly instead of STRQMQRY, this is pretty trivial stuff, seems to me. But I've been playing with this for years, so maybe I'm jaded!!

Regards
Vern