On 13 Nov 2012 08:17, Daniel T. Rowan wrote:
<<SNIP>>

Second, can this new program be run through WRKJOBSCDE? I am
getting tired of either staying late on Fridays or getting up
early on Saturday to do my full system saves.

<<SNIP>>

An option is to modify the work being done [the CL commands issued to effectively Save Entire System] to remove the requirement for the restricted state; e.g. SAVCFG and SAVSECDTA instead of SAVSYS, while understanding recovery implications. Another option is to use the BchTimLmt support of the ENDSBS command to run features that require restricted state. In either case, refer to articles\examples to better understand how to implement, along with the caveats and\or additional requirements.

_i End Subsystem (ENDSBS) i_ CL command
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/cl/endsbs.htm
"...
Batch time limit (BCHTIMLMT)

Specifies the amount of time (in minutes) that the system will run in batch restricted state. This parameter is only valid when ending all subsystems from a batch job running in the controlling subsystem. Under this condition, a parameter value must be specified. When this parameter is specified, the system will be ended to the restricted state, with only the batch job running the ENDSBS command remaining active. While the system is in this restricted state, system reference code A900 3C70 is displayed. ...
"